Thursday, February 23, 2012

If You Give a Mom a Suitcase

If you give a mom a suitcase, chances are she'll need to put it on the bed while she packs.

If she goes to place it on the bed, she may need to make the bed.

When she goes to make the bed, she'll most likely decide to wash the sheets.

When she opens the washing machine, she'll definitely have to take the clothes out of it first.

Once she opens the dyer, she'll sigh and fold the load of jeans already in there.

While she's finally washing the sheets, she'll notice the laundry room smells hideous.

Once she notices the bad smell, she'll hurriedly clean the cats' litter box.

When she's stooped down to clean the litter, she'll notice the floor needs sweeping.

Once the floor is swept, she'll most likely empty the dustpan in the garbage can.

As she throws away the dirt, she'll see that the garbage needs to be emptied.

When she looks under the sink for a garbage bag, she'll notice the dirty dishes in the sink.

In order to put away the dirty dishes, she'll need to empty clean dishes in the dishwasher first.

To add some fun to unloading the dishwasher, she'll tune into a cooking show on HGTV.

While watching the cooking show, she'll get inspired to make a turkey for dinner for her family.

When she goes to grab the ingredients for dinner, she'll remember her groceries are still in the car.

Once the groceries are unloaded, she'll notice that she has everything she needs to make cupcakes.

While the cupcakes are in the oven and the turkey is cooking, the dryer buzzer will go off.

Once she gets the clean sheets back on the bed, all of her kids will come home from school.

This will cause her to sigh again and long for a vacation.

And for a vacation, she needs to pack her suitcase.


If you can relate to this, please leave a comment below so I don't feel like I'm the only one!



7 comments:

  1. I love this!! This happens to me all the time! I start one task and that leads to another task which leads to another task. This is why I sometimes can't work from home. I always notice something that needs to be done. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, thanks for admitting to doing the same thing!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love this Sharon. This is totally my life! Except that it's missing giving the mouse a cookie. Haha!! Kind of makes you feel like you have a lack of focus thing going on, huh? :-)

    Hugs,
    ~Rosann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was a lack of focus. Can you tell I don't travel very often?

      Delete
  3. I'm not a mom. But i can relate. Take out the kids and add lugging water for chores..... u got it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This had me laughing. As a busy homeschool mom and MIMi, I do this kind of thing all the time. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I'm glad to hear you found it funny too. I guess it's just best to laugh at ourselves! :)

      Delete

Please say something back to me. I love getting words in return.