Saturday, February 18, 2012

Farm Skillet Bake - Breakfast is Ready!

I thought maybe I'd take a day off of from blogging, but breakfast was sooo yummy, I decided to share the recipe with you all. This was an attempt to use some of the eggs we're accumulating, so I threw some stuff together last minute. Usually, that doesn't work out so well. This time it did! 


You can thank me later. 


FARM SKILLET BAKE

Ingredients

One bag (20oz.) frozen Potatoes O'Brien (potatoes, onions, green peppers)
12 eggs
2 cups milk
1 pound bacon (cooked and crumbled) - save some of the drippings
1-2 cups of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella, but sharp cheddar or Swiss would be good)
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. Lawry's seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. dried parsley

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350º, and grease a 9x13 pan. (You may make ahead & cook in the morning.)

In a skillet, heat a small amount of the bacon grease. Add the frozen potatoes and Lawry's. Cook over medium-high heat until the potatoes just begin to brown.

Place the browned potatoes in the 9x13 pan. Top with half the cheese and all of the bacon crumbles.

Technically, I could eat this as it is! hahaha


In a separate bowl, use a wire whisk to beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.

Pour mixture over the potatoes, and top with the remaining cheese.

For added color, sprinkle the parsley over the top.




If making ahead, cover and stop in your refrigerator overnight. Remove covering and bake in the morning.

Otherwise, bake at 350º for one hour. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes.

Served on my Great Aunt's (Tante Anna) dishes. 


Let me know if you try it, and remember to play around with the seasonings a bit. You probably have things in your cabinet that would make it wonderful (rosemary, thyme?)

Off to start my day now that I've been well fueled!

1 comment:

Please say something back to me. I love getting words in return.