Friday, April 19, 2013

A Weekend on DewKist Farm

Our oldest son graduates from high school in just a few weeks, making family moments that much more special.

So, when last weekend started out with a mid-morning family breakfast, I knew good things were to come.

Fresh fruit (and yummy fruit dip) on a warm spring day...makes a girl wish her garden was ready! 




Of course, bacon makes everything better!




The chickens begged me for a wind chime on the front porch of their coop, so I caved. 





The boys enjoyed tearing up their 4-wheeler track....



...and taking time to rest.



It was while I was hanging with my boys that I had an idea! Why not start making a fairy garden? Thanks to the hundreds of ideas on Pinterest, I felt inspired to start my own. Now, don't expect much. I have no intention of making this anything extravagant, but I do plan on having some fun walking through the woods to find little treasures that a garden fairy would find suitable for her home. So far, I've made a pebble path that leads to where her front door will be. 


While I was scouting around for fairy findings, I noticed Toby, our younger collie, had found his own little place under some white pines. It looks like everyone enjoyed the day!


Loving the country, from our place to yours.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something back to me. I love getting words in return.